I spent literally 36 hours in Portland for Labor Day but crammed an incredible amount of exploration into those mere hours. While I would have loved to spend a few more days there, it was a great snapshot of the city. Here’s what I recommend doing if you have less than two days in Portland:
1. Attend a wedding on an organic farm that starts fashionably late and comes complete with smoked salmon caught on premises.
2. Wear your sequin dress with your cowboy boots and complete the outfit with a Texas-sized belt buckle, prana vintage textile clutch, and bold red lips — because anything goes in Portland.
3. Eat Tasty n Sons brunch – go for the breakfast board and the grapefruit juice.
4. See 10,000 roses at the International Rose Test Garden.
5. Get lost at Powell’s Books – you might find yourself tearing up a little because this place is so beautiful.
7. Catch the latest flick at Living Room Theaters where you can also charge your phone and have a snack.
8. Sip hibiscus tea, eat fresh guacamole and carnitas tacos at Por Que No?
9. Take a quick jaunt out to Mt. Hood to see Timberline Lodge built during the WPA era. Rustic cool at it’s best with a great upstairs bar over looking the lobby.